28 Feb Funding Assistance Program for Equipment, Supplies, and other Supports
The Community Health Outreach Project is a grant program funded by the Mother Cabrini Health Foundation and administered by the Cerebral Palsy Associations of New York State (CP of NYS) to provide financial assistance for the purchase of equipment, services, supplies, and other supports needed by individuals with intellectual, developmental, and other significant disabilities when all other funding opportunities have been exhausted.
This Project seeks to assist people with disabilities of all ages living within New York State by addressing the shortcomings in current supports and systems. Funds through this Project will provide access to supports for individuals in an effort to increase their health status and promote community participation. By removing barriers and offering assistance unavailable to them through other sources, CP of NYS can do its part to improve social and environmental living conditions while promoting quality of life. CP of NYS will focus on health measures and outcomes as well as the social determinants of health to identify priorities for funding and enable people to remain independent and active within their homes and communities.
Funding Opportunities for Agencies
The Community Health Outreach Project provides funding for the purchase of equipment, services, supplies, and other supports needed by persons with disabilities when other funding options, such as Medicaid, Medicare, government programs, private insurance, and other foundations/grants, have been explored and deemed unavailable. Agencies can be funded in two ways:
1) An agency can apply for funding of equipment, services, and programs to benefit the individuals you serve within your agency (i.e., IRA locations, day program, physical therapy department). The agency must provide information on all individuals who will benefit from the requested item; justification as to why the item is critically needed; written documentation as to why Medicaid and/or Medicare will not cover the cost of the item; and a vendor cost sheet/invoice showing the negotiated price for the item. If your application is approved, CP of NYS will pay the vendor directly.
2) An agency can be reimbursed for expenses incurred, less the amount covered by Medicaid, Medicare, government programs, private insurance, or other funding mechanisms, when it has already purchased equipment, services, supplies, and other supports. The agency must provide information on all individuals who benefitted from the requested item; justification as to why the item was critically needed; written
documentation as to why Medicaid and/or Medicare did not cover the cost of the item; and a paid invoice for the item. If your application is approved, CP of NYS will pay your agency directly.
1) The individuals who will benefit from your request must reside within New York State.
2) The expenditure was incurred or will be incurred for the individuals during the Project’s funding period, which
is January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022.
This Project has a limited amount of funding to award during the year. Therefore, all applications will be handled on a first-come, first-serve basis. All completed applications will be considered by the Awards Committee provided funding is still available at the time of receipt of application. There is no guarantee of funding or approval of your request.
Agencies may submit more than one application. However, the Awards Committee will closely monitor the number of applications submitted by each agency and will limit awards in order to avoid a disproportionate share of the funds to any one agency. Additionally, only one application for equipment/services for each certified IRA or specific department within your agency will be accepted. Therefore, please prioritize your requests accordingly.
You must complete the “Community Health Outreach Project Application Form for Agency Use Only” and provide appropriate, written documentation to accompany the application form, which validates your request:
- A paid invoice or quotation-of-costs showing the final negotiated price from the vendor.
- A written affidavit indicating that your agency sought funding for this request from all other sources, such as self-pay, Medicaid, Medicare, Government Programs, other foundations, other grant programs, etc., before applying to the Community Health Outreach Project.
- A written affidavit stating the reason why Medicaid, Medicare, Government Programs, other foundations, other grant programs, etc. would not cover the expense.
- Justification as to why this request is critically needed by your organization.
All applications must be signed by an authorized representative of the requesting Agency, affirming that the information furnished in the application form and supporting documentation is true and accurate. Unsigned forms will be ineligible for reimbursement.
Cindy Morris is the Project Director working at the CP of NYS offices. Please contact her to learn more about the project or to obtain application forms. She can be reached at (518) 436-0178 or via email at email@example.com. Additionally, complete details can be found at www.cpofnys.org/CHOP. There you’ll find an Application Form for Funding Assistance that can be completed by individuals/caregivers, and a separate form that Agencies can submit for reimbursement of expenses.
You can submit the completed application form as follows:
If an application form is sent electronically, send email with attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fax to (518) 436-8619, Attn: Cindy Morris
If application is sent via mail:
Cerebral Palsy Associations of NYS, Inc.
3 Cedar Street Extension, Suite 2
Cohoes, NY 12047 If application is sent via fax:
Attn: Cindy J. Morris, Project Director