19 Apr Funding opportunity for increasing COVID-19 vaccinations
The Development Disabilities Planning Council has announced the availability of approximately $219,000 to increase access to COVID-19 vaccinations for those that we serve. OPWDD is also seeking proposals from Provider Associations to provide to DDPC to obtain funding to break down barriers and unequal access in communities to vaccinate people with disabilities. Click here for additional information. Examples of activities consistent with this are:
- Education about the importance of receiving a vaccine;
- Identifying people unable to independently travel to a vaccination site;
- Helping with scheduling a vaccine appointment;
- Arranging or providing accessible transportation;
- Providing companion/personal support;
- Reminding people of the second vaccination appointment if needed
- Providing technical assistance to local health departments or other entities on vaccine accessibility.
If you are interested in applying, please send your proposal to OPWDD.SM.CCOProjectManagement@opwdd.ny.gov by close of business Friday, April 23. Be sure to include the following as part of your proposal:
- Anticipated Cost
- Next Steps
Both OPWDD and DDPC look forward to collaborating with you on this important initiative.